Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting the S*** kicked out of me

A little pregnant bitchiness...

So...the little girl inside of my belly has been practicing for the 2020 Olympics like crazy for the last 8 weeks and my husband has never once voluntarily requested to "feel the baby kick". WTF.

I hate all the "dad tips" in those pregnancy books and all the "helpful fathers to be" in movies who dote on their pregnant wives and girlfriends. Does anyone actually experience that in real life? Are there really men out there who are actually "into" the whole pregnancy thing? I'm sure T-Dad is just being a "boy" but hell...would it kill him to acknowledge the life growing inside of my over-inflated gut.

4 comments:

Quigs78 said...

I was treated like a queen when I was pregnant with Bubba. I got back and foot rubs almost daily, and N was constantly touching my belly and oohing and aahing.

With PG? Not so much. It was more of a been there, done that kind of thing and we were both exhausted from taking care of Bubba.

But I feel for you, sister. The next time I see you, I'll rub your belly! :P

Amy said...

Yeah, The Joker would do stuff if I asked him to but mostly he just looked at me like some freaky science experiment.

Men.

SunnyD said...

I'm with Harley.

Joel used to stare at me from around corners bewildered, intimidated and, um, scared shitless.

~rachel~ said...

Looseyfur- that is too funny!! Yeah Mike could care less< I think he was better w/ Rowan, though.

I always thought those tips were funny! Are there any men who actually read the books?