Saturday, May 02, 2009

Knitting

My mom is an awesome knitter. She learned to knit a long time ago, even knitted my dad a sweater in college ( that I wore all the time when I was in high school). But she was out of the knitting phase when I was growing (and totally into sewing...all our clothes). So I actuaaly learned how to knit when I was in Germany. My German exchange friend, Silke, taught me how to do it. And shortly there after, my mom picked up her needles again and has been knitting ever since. on her most recent visit she finished knitting a blanket for Mealyworm's baby dolls. Very cute. Here's Mealyworm giving it a whirl...

2 comments:

~rachel~ said...

I totally need to spend some time with you some day so you can teach me to knit better! I was thinking of trying to have Rowan knit, maybe someday...

Do you know you have someone else's twitter on your blog?

Quigs78 said...

Too cute!! I love that MW has more creativity and skill than I do. :P