Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking...into the future

Wow, its hard to believe I need to start thinking about packing my hospital bag already. Bug has "graduated" into the next classroom at daycare...he's a Little Learner now. And Mealyworm is consistantly going peepee on the potty! We've moved the two of them into the larger bedroom so the new baby has a place to sleep of her very own. I will say, this time around some of those decisions are easier...i.e. new baby is not sleeping in our room, right next door is close enough. :)
Despite the fact that I feel huge and am exhausted all the time...except from 6am-7am...when I can't wait to get out of bed because I'm so sick of tossing and turning all night. This pregnancy has been a pretty smooth ride, let's hope to keep it up for a few more weeks.
The kids are excited. Mealyworm likes to look into my belly button and tell me what the new baby is up to in there. She also will gently rub my belly, rudely poke at my belly button, and shout the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" directly at my belly. Bug is helpful and curious, not too "hands on" though. He often asks questions like "will the new baby know my name?" or "the new baby won't say her words right, will she?" Last week, we got out some of the video tapes from when the kids were babies, they enjoyed seeing themselves as crawlers and messy eaters. It was really funny to watch.
We've tried to involve them in a couple of doctor visits and honestly...that's been more of pain in the ass than helpful. For example, we took them to our lastest sonogram on Monday and...they really weren't interested and made it hard for T-Dad and I focus and enjoy any of it. Its easier if you just have one kid and are building them up to be THE big bro/sis...but with both of them...its like the misbehavior just multiplies exponentially and there's no reasoning with them. At least at this current stage/age...almost 5 and almost 3.
The new baby is definately a girl. And she's good sized...we'll see what that REALLY means when the big day finally arrives. The Ultrasound Tech said she could see hair...so this baby could be born with a full set of hair like Mealyworm. That was fun. Or it may all be gone and we'll have a little cue ball like Bug.
Well, time will tell all, I suppose. We've still got tons of stuff to do to get ready...preparing the nursery, 6 wks of swim lessons for Bug & Mealyworm (I might have been delusional when I signed them up for that at this stage), and planning who's home with who and for how long...stay tuned.

No comments: