Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Panda/Early Bird - Day 4


Today was kind of hard. I got a couple of updates from her night nurse throughout the night and she seemed to be doing pretty well. But when we arrived at the NICU she was "in the box". Her labs had come back and her biliruben count had jumped 1.75 points in a day, so they wanted her under the most intensive UV rays they have. Fortunately, they let me hold her for the 8 am feeding with a bottle of bmilk. And she did really well. But then she went right into the box and I didn't get to hold her again until the 8pm feeding. :( The lights were so bright it wasn't even much fun to sit by her beside and watch her. But we did a fair amount of that anyway. My milk has pretty much come in, so I'm getting more for her feedings. Hopefully soon she won't have any formula supplements. :) We'll hope for no Light Box tomorrow.

5 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the only light she sees is the sunshine on the way home!

~rachel~ said...

I'm thinking of you guys. I hope you get to spend more time holding her tomorrow!! I really do like that pic of her- she's gorgeous in blue! :)

The Fearless Freak said...

Fingers crossed for good news. Jaundiced winter babies are so hard because even when you have them at home, the sun is so weak it is almost worthless.

Anonymous said...

Quigs said it beautifully! And Panda's light shines bright even through those blue lights and bummer box. As I recall, the boys had some weird ups and downs with their jaundice before they kicked it altogether. And they had no problems once they left NICU. So we are praying for the same for Panda.

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, even in blue, she's too cute for words.

Please let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help.

I was thinking maybe I'd bring a few tasty treats to Todd and Amelia at swim lessons on Saturday.

Hang in there . . . you're being an amazingly brave mama through this all, and I know Panda Miranda is on her way to an awesome homecoming!