Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Grossest Thing Ever

From Desiderata...
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

So I've been thinking alot about how different families live. I'm an analyzer...and "my life" is most often the subject of my analysis. When I was growing up, I went to a friend's house after Kindergarten everyday. We rode the bus and I got off at her house and her mom watched me until my mom got off work. It was fun. She had a younger brother. He typically toddled around in just his diaper. Sometimes he took his diaper off. One day we were watching TV and he pooped on the rug. It was gross. But what was grosser...when my friend's mom saw it, she came right over and picked the poop up with her bare hands! At the time and for years after, I thought that was the grossest thing EVER. Funny how now that I have 3 kids and pets...that doesn't seem like the grossest thing ever anymore. I've never done that but I'm sure some things I've done have come pretty close on the "grossest thing ever" scale.

No comments: