Saturday, May 17, 2008

3-D Sidewalk Chalk

Today we had little birthday "to do" for Mealyworm at the Grandparents (T-Dad's folks) house outside of Springfield, IL. Highlights of the visit:
-I got to sneak out of the house, alone, and go to my #1 favorite Kids Resale shop - Just Kids
-I got read several chapters of Good In Bed (I might actually get this book done in time for book club!)
-Mealyworm got some cute clothes and really great toys including...3-D Sidewalk Chalk (yes, that is true. The creative geniuses at Crayola have put there minds to work on this one- the package comes with 3-D glasses and 6 two-color sticks of chalk...and for some reason, when you wear the 3-D glasses the red chalk appears to be levitating above the other colors. true technology at its finest.)
-I ate 1/2 a BBQ pork sandwich for lunch and a BBQ chicken sandwich for dinner...I guess I'm easing into the vegetarian thing...I don't want to be an inconvenience to people or make my issues something they need to concern themselves with...I guess I'll have to work on that.
-I had to stop and get gas...it was $4.05/gallon. I think we are going to be hanging around CU alot this summer.

2 comments:

SunnyD said...

If you're back and forth on vegetarianism, you could try to be a "responsible" meat eater? It might make things easier on you?

Like buying meet from a local, organic farm that is organic? If the books haven't frightened you entirely from all kinds of foods. That's the thing I hate most about reading stuff like that. It kind of points out that there are no "right" options.

http://www.tomahnousfarm.org/

Lavender Lemonade said...

looseyfur- i like the "responsible" meat eater idea, i just shy aware from expensive...but one of these days i'll bring a cooler to the farmer's market and bite the bullet and say hello to Tomahnous or Triple S or Stan the Meat Man or whomever sells meat out there. :) thanks for letting me be "wishy washy" :)