Friday, May 16, 2008

4 yr well baby visit

Today Bug had his 4 yr old well-baby check up. Guess what, he's doing great. :)
His stats: 42 inches tall, 42 lbs
Its weird but T-Dad and I like to both go to these well-baby visits. I think we both like to hear the information first hand. :) This time we dropped Mealyworm off at daycare before we went. So it was just the Bug and his "p's" . The doctor ordered some blood test so we can cross off some questions regarding his behavior issues - like iron deficiency, lead, and other stuff I don't remember. He was suppose to get some shots too, but we decided getting blood drawn and shots on the same day might be a bit much. So we just did the blood draw today. Bug did SOOOOO well. He freaked out a little when we first went into the lab, but I distracted him with talking about all the colors and the blood shaker looking like a spaceship and such. And then he just sat on my lap and watched the needle go in and did even cry. We were so proud of him. T-Dad took him to CVS to pick out a toy on his way back to daycare.

3 comments:

SunnyD said...

I don't think it's strange that you guys do the wellness visits together. I think it's awesome.

Plus, I think having you guys both there is cool for Matthew. Extra support system... and time alone with the parental units isn't something he probably gets a lot since he's a big brother. Plus, he got a toy from CVS... I mean, not a bad day for drawing a little blood.

Quigs78 said...

I love that you're updating your blog...cause I'm totally stalking you. I thought you should know. :)

Lavender Lemonade said...

looseyfur- its weird but i almost feel like i should apologize to the nurses/doc when we both go to these appts. its like..."sorry to inconvenience you to get another chair in here, but we both care how our kid is doing"